A Marketing Paradigm Shift
You'll notice that amongst our services we don't even list "old" outbound marketing channels. Why is this? In a nutshell:
Why try to buy customers with traditional “outbound marketing” when consumers aren’t even paying attention?
- 45% of direct mail never gets opened and simply kills trees
- Over half of the population is on the Do Not Call registry
- 85% of people fast forward through commercials
- 84% of 25–35 year-olds are likely to click off a website with excessive advertising
- You'll win the lottery before you get someone to convert off a banner ad
"Simply put, "buying" customers is no longer an effective strategy. In the modern digital age, you earn your customers."
In the days of marketing past, the strategy was more or less to interupt the consumers' activity and hopefully distract them into purchasing your product. A TV commercial is a prime example. Sure, some people watch the Superbowl "just for the ads" but that's the one and only time (and can we all agree, even Superbowl ads have lost most of their entertainment value). The inbound marketing strategy is to make YOU the TV show that people are switching to in the first place. Why by the ad next to the story when you can be the story?
While it may seem like this is much harder than simply paying for ad space, the truth is just the opposite. It's no longer necessary to be the loudest voice with the largest budget. It's no longer necessary to come up with the most clever ad campaign. Now you just have to be willing to share your expertise in an honest way. It actually takes less time and has a dramatically higher ROI.